We will meet hundreds of brands and thousands of products at CES 2023, the world’s largest technology fair, which will take place between January 5 and 8 this year. Days before the start of the fair, we compiled our expectations with the first news from the brands…
From new display technologies to computer components, from electric cars to smart home technologies… CES 2023 will set the pulse of technology for the rest of the year this year.
The giant event, which takes place in the first weeks of January every year, increased its power considerably with more than 100 thousand participants in January 2020. Then, with the effect of the pandemic, the 2021 and 2022 CES fairs experienced a great collapse on the basis of both exhibitors and visitors… This year is thought to be a kind of comeback year for CES.
The first news from the tech giants has already started to come before CES!
Even though CES 2023 will open its doors on January 5th, the media days have started as of today. Technology giants also started to announce their first products at the event, where conferences and meetings will be held for the members of the press for two days.
The news from the press conferences held by giants such as LG, Sony, and Samsung indicate that we will encounter many innovations at CES this year. Let’s take a closer look at what innovations we can expect in which categories.
TVs, monitors, display technologies
CES hosts brighter, bigger, better black balance, better performance TVs and monitors every year. New display technologies also leave their mark on the fair, where giants such as Samsung, LG, Sony, and HP exhibited their skills.
It looks like we will get a lot of news about monitor, TV, and display technologies this year.
LG, Samsung and Sony will mark the event again in the TV category at CES 2023. For example, LG has already given the first information about the new G3 and C3 series. The company says that they have developed special lighting architectures and light-boosting algorithms for these series, which will offer displays that are 70% brighter than traditional OLEDs.
Giants such as Sony, Samsung, and LG are also expected to introduce larger QD-OLED TVs from CES 2023.
At the same time, it is thought that MicroLED TVs of 100 inches and above will be added to the product list by many different brands besides Samsung and Sony.
One of the biggest expectations for CES 2023 is that monitors will get bigger just like TVs. In addition, monitors equipped with cameras and speakers for audio and video support are expected to be on the rise.
- It looks like Samsung will revolutionize monitors again this year with its 27-inch, 5K ViewFinity S9 monitor, which will rival giants such as LG and Apple with 5K resolution, and the 8K Odyssey Neo G9 with 7680 x 2160 resolution, after the Odyssey Ark, which attracted attention last year.
- Phillips, HP, Dell gibi markaların son dönemde yükselişe geçen IPS Black panellere sahip monitörler ile CES’te yerini alabileceği de beklentiler arasında.
- Aynı zamanda video konferanslar için aktif kullanılabilen; daha yüksek kalitede görüntü ve ses sunan hoparlör ve kameralara sahip monitörlerin de CES 2023’te karşımıza çıkabileceği düşünülüyor.
Innovative designs where foldable screens enlarge, bend, and lengthen will be innovations that will be introduced at CES 2023, especially by giants such as Samsung. In fact, the first news came from Samsung on this subject. You can find the details in our news here. It seems that we will see the reflections of these developments on phones frequently in the coming years.
In addition, as we mentioned in monitors and TVs, we can expect to see great improvements in lighting technologies, color palettes, brightness, and refresh rate on MicroLED, QD-OLED, and IPS displays.
Video cards and processors
Especially the last quarter of 2022 was very active for giants such as Intel, AMD, and NVIDIA.
- AMD’s “Zen 4” based Ryzen 7000 series processors and Intel’s 13th Gen Raptor Lake Core processors set new limits in the industry.
- When we look at the graphics cards, we saw Intel’s new Arc A770, Arc A750, and Arc A580 graphics cards, which show that they will compete with AMD and NVIDIA in this field as well. While NVIDIA responded with the super-powerful GeForce RTX 4090 and GeForce RTX 4080, AMD came up with the Radeon RX 7900 XTX and Radeon RX 7900 XT.
However, almost all of these products were flagships with high price tags. For this very reason, the expectation of industry analysts in terms of processors and graphics cards at CES 2023 is that we will see products of the series at more affordable prices.
We can say that the new computers to be introduced at CES 2023 will progress with parallel innovations in display, processor and graphics cards.
- More powerful gaming and business computers with next-generation processors and graphics cards from NVIDIA, AMD, and Intel, as well as larger and higher performance; It is thought to be equipped with screens with high refresh rates and resolution. For example, there is an expectation from MSI for a very powerful gaming computer with 4K resolution.
- Integrated cameras that provide 2K images and computers equipped with much more powerful speakers and microphones seem to be among the products that we can come across, considering the rising trend.
- We can say that some products introduced last year, such as laptops with foldable screens, will be featured by more brands in 2023.
CESs has often been an event where companies also showcase crazy computer prototypes and technologies. However, the general expectation for this year, focusing on performance and price; is that more ‘realistic and sellable’ concepts will be common.
CES is not very active for the phone industry in general because all major manufacturers have special events for their phone series.
However, there are a few small pieces of news expected from some brands.
- For example, it is thought that TCL, which provides services in our country with especially affordable phones, may introduce several affordable phones at CES 2023.
- There are some rumors that new and powerful gaming phones may come from Razer, which has taken important steps on behalf of gaming phones.
- It is stated that the surprise of the fair will be a Nokia smartphone from HMD Global. But of course, nothing is certain yet.
Smart Home Technologies
Although smart home systems have not become very widespread in our country yet, smart home technologies attract great attention at CES, where the ‘sustainability’ theme stands out.
- It would not be wrong to say that more powerful devices and more advanced systems focusing on lighting and security systems will come to the fore this year as well.
- At this point, Matter, which is the new ‘smart home systems standard’ with the participation of more than 500 companies, including giants such as Apple, Amazon, and Google, will come to the fore at CES 2023. The matter is a standard that aims to work in harmony with smart home solutions from different brands and is expected to make groundbreaking statements on automation, control from a single application, cloud-based systems, and working without the need for a constant internet connection.
- The idea that giants such as LG and Samsung can introduce a wide range of smart home technologies in addition to many other products at CES is currently quite common in the industry.
- In addition, last year, brands such as Roborock mobilized the industry with robot vacuums that can clean and empty themselves. We may see smarter robot vacuums at CES this year, too.
- There are some expectations from CES in terms of other smart home robots, which have become increasingly popular in our country recently. CES seems to meet expectations for smarter and more capable technological home appliances.
Smartwatches, which are among the most popular wearable technology products, seem to appear at CES 2023. However, after the increased interest in hybrid smartwatch designs in the past few years, we can say that the trend will continue in the same direction this year.
- Although big promotions are not expected, it is thought that more accessible and affordable products will come in terms of accessories such as smartwatches.
- In addition to accessories, AR and VR glasses are among the products we think will appear at CES 2023 this year. We can get new VR glasses news from HTC Vive and Valve.
- In addition to these, we may see some surprise products that will host improvements, albeit minor ones, in the field of health and fitness.
At CES 2023, 25% of the stands are set up for the automobile industry! In other words, we will see many innovations for electric cars and mobility systems at CES this year.
- At the event, where Togg will also participate and introduce the mobility ecosystem with SUV and sedan models, companies such as Google, Qualcomm, Panasonic, Microsoft, and Sony will include automobile technologies either at their own stands or at the stands of their business partners.
- Innovations such as enlarged and fully touchable screens, gaming experience in cars, the use of the LIDAR sensor, autonomous driving features, and advanced security systems will be seen frequently and in many brands, from large to small, at CES.
- One of the biggest collaborations will be on the Sony & Honda front. It seems that there will be new news from Sony about “Sony Honda Mobility” at CES, but the details are not yet clear.